Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Students to write about political conventions - Courtesy of ASCD

Real world tasks makes learners engaged and focused on strategies.
Well worth the read.
Two classes of high-school students in Abilene, Texas, are acting as journalists for a writing project. As reporters covering a national political convention, the students will work in groups of up to four on the project-based learning assignment. "For project-based learning, we try to find ways to teach the things we're supposed to teach in relevant, real-world scenarios," said Nathan Monroe, an English teacher at the Academy of Technology, Engineering, Math and Science. Abilene Reporter-News (Texas) (

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading more of your articles and posts in the future, so I've bookmarked your blog. When I see good quality content, I like to share it with others. So I've created a backlink to your site. Thank you!…