"Visible Thinking is a broad and flexible framework for enriching classroom learning in the content areas and fostering students' intellectual development at the same time. Here are some of its key goals:
- Deeper understanding of content
- Greater motivation for learning
- Development of learners' thinking and learning abilities.
- Development of learners' attitudes toward thinking and learning and their alertness to opportunities for thinking and learning (the "dispositional" side of thinking).
- A shift in classroom culture toward a community of enthusiastically engaged thinkers and learners"
The Visible Thinking Network is international and focuses on how humans think, regardless of language.
The site centers on best practices and focuses on the link between thinking and understanding content.
Take a few minutes on the site and you will find excellent strategies, routines, and examples of instructional strategies ready to be used in your classroom.